Taney County

Proposed in 1835 and established January 6th 1837 by the Missouri State Legislature. Named for Roger B. Taney, a “distinguished citizen of Maryland.”  After several interim locations, including the farms of Jesse Jennings (Cedar Point) and Joseph Price (mouth of Bull Creek), the county seat and courthouse were established near the mouth of Swan Creek in the new town of Forsyth in 1845.

1840 Taney Co. Census
1850 Taney Co. Census
Towns & Post Offices
Taney County Government

Theme by Anders Norén