In 1912, the City of Branson was officially incorporated. The grand opening of the Centennial Celebration was held on April 1, 2012, with several hundred visitors visiting the new Branson Centennial Museum as it opened its’ doors that morning. The Museum, a collaborative effort of the White River Valley Historical Society, Branson Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Branson Main Street Association, and City of Branson, will feature rotating exhibits throughout the year and a small gift shop. Admission is free; however, donations are welcomed and needed.
The Museum is located at 101 Veteran’s Blvd (corner of Business 65 and West 76), in a building donated for the year by Jim D Morris, local businessman and philanthropist.
On display thru June 14th, 2013
“Happy Birthday,” currently on display at the Branson Centennial Museum, celebrates several notable events in the area, including the completion of Powersite Dam in 1913.